Stewardship

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Rose 5 months ago.

Stewardship is a theological belief that humans are responsible for the world, and should take care of it. Believers in stewardship are usually people who believe in one God who created the universe and all that is within it, also believing that they must take care of creation and look after it. Creation includes animals and the environment. Many religions and denominations have various degrees of support for environmental stewardship. It can have political implications, such as in Christian Democracy.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  1. God wants us to be Stewards. Heres an example of one.. A Modern Day Steward from The Masters Way book:
    Back in the 1970’s, Larry Burkett was a very popular teacher on this subject. He counseled hundreds and even thousands on the topic, wrote books, created videos and had a national 1 hour radio program. One day he received a call from a retired pastor who had planted churches around the US for nearly 40 years. The man said he had a “problem.” After setting up the meeting, Larry hung-up thinking, “oh boy here we go, this fellow likely has a very small pension for his retirement years. I hate to be the one to give him the bad news, but I doubt that there’s little I can do for him.” When the meeting day came they sat down and Larry asked the man a simple question: “what was the problem?” The pastor explained; “well, I have about $300,000 in stocks and bonds, $300,000 in real estate and about 300,000 in savings; what should I do?” After picking himself off the floor, Larry asked him how in the world had he accumulated so much earning so little as a base salary for all those years? The pastor explained, “well, I just spent less than I earned!”

His Full Answer:
    As it turned out, the man was quite thrifty and a smart investor. As he often church planted in a growing city, he would first purchase a bare land building lot in a good location, and when he moved he would sell it off, usually at a healthy profit. As this went on he just cascaded his wealth from real estate to cash then stocks and bonds. He then purchased more lots which he converted into cash as he felt right – always living within his means, in other words, on a budget. Not bad! In this example, we see a man that was not only wise, but also blessed! It’s easy to see any number of positive scripture verses coming into play here. But as Gods Word is true, we shouldn’t be surprised that as this man followed the guidelines outlined in the Five Principles and those found in Proverbs, he reaped the resultant blessings. What was his secret? Nothing new. Consider these three verses as they relate to the above example;
    Principle #1: Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow. (Proverbs 13:11)

https://www.genesisalive.com/store/p17/The_Masters_Way%3A_The_Road_to_Financial_Freedom_in_21_Days.html

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.